You are here
YGMS 2014 - CFP
Yale Graduate Music Symposium: Call for Papers
The Yale University Department of Music is pleased to announce the fourth
biennial Yale Graduate Music Symposium, to be held March 1-2, 2014, in
Stoeckel Hall. Our guest speaker this year will be Robert Gjerdingen.
Graduate students engaged in any area of music scholarship are invited to submit abstracts for papers in fields including, but not limited to, musicology, music theory and ethnomusicology. Papers should last no longer than 20 minutes, and each presentation will be followed by a 10-minute period for questions and comments. Please note that submissions are limited to one per person.
All proposals must be submitted electronically and will be reviewed anonymously.
Each submission must include the following two components:
(1) An email sent to ygms at yale.edu with
- “YGMS Abstract Submission” in the subject field
- the author’s name, email address, telephone number and academic affiliation
- a list of any audio-visual requirements
(2) A Word or PDF attachment that contains only
- the title of the paper
- an abstract of no more than 250 words, suitable for publication in the program
All submissions must be received no later than 1 December 2013.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All information regarding the conference can be consulted on our website: